Oops!!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Feb 1, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Went out on a call yesterday about a "muddy spot" in a child care play area. Dug it up and found an ABS AC condensation line that runs to a dry well had been cut open. Thing was, I did it five years ago when we put our system in this area and never felt it when I trenched through it. Guess the line finally filled up enough and started leaking. Turned it over to the plumbers.

Adult School Toddler Area Leak IV-01.jpg

2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Any bets on if you will have a repair before they are done? :)

3. PurpHaze

Naw... They're pretty conscientious guys and do good work. However, when we turn the clocks on (usually mid-March) I'll make sure to fire this zone and double-check. :)

4. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

5 years for a warranty job!:eek: :eek:

5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

here all irrigation work carries a 5 year warranty

6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I'll warranty workmanship for a lifetime..........Mine. If it was my fault, I got no problem fixing it. If the materials go bad, you better be ready to write a check. I give one year if they ask for it. Two years if it will seal a deal. Otherwise, it is T&M to fix it. When the factory starts cutting checks to replace the garbage they send down the pipe, then I'll feel better about "warranty" work. Until that time, my kid have to eat, and that means somebody needs to pay. Besides that, we've had endless discussions here about warranty, but have you read the warranty? That warranty for 3 or 5 (or even the ridiculous orbit 7) is to TRADE CUSTOMERS. If your not an installer, you don't even get a tail light warranty on product. The Home Cheapo and Ace versions have 90 day warranties on most of the packaging.

7. PurpHaze

Of course I'm in a different situation but on all our systems there is also a lifetime warranty. If it's broke we fix it. :p

This is probably why we do things a bit different than most of you guys and why we have developed certain likes and dislikes as far as what materials and products we use. When we fix/install something then we're hedging that we will not have to come back into that particular problem again for quite some time, if ever.