Oops!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Ronnie K., Apr 14, 2002.

1. Ronnie K.

Ronnie K. LawnSite Member

OOPS!,

Can you help me? I'm a commercial real estate guy with a great love for gardening.

I left a building owner with the impression that I was capable of calling out landscape plants for his recently completed bldg. I am far from qualified to do that. My limited knowledge of plant names and species impressed him.

Sooooo... he asked me to handle the landcaping. Here's what he has: Fifteen 8' triangle planters in front of his building.

Should I plant the same plants in each planter? Or should I group the same plants every 2, or 3 planters? And what plants do you recommend? Do I plant them in the middle of the triangle with ground cover around them? ::confused:

I live in Ca. San Fernando Valley. It's hot here, and all plants are in direct sun.

Please help me!!!:angel:

Ronnie K.
    xtream@earthlink.net:eek:

2. kermit

kermit LawnSite Member

I have an idea, hire a landscaper you ****. We make our livings with our knowledge, just as you do. We don't ask you to sell our properties for free; don't ask us to work for free. This forum is for professionals to share information, not for people looking to steal the food out of our mouths!

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the planters raised or ground level? Is there a lot of pedestrian traffic around them? Basically a little more site info would help us here. Also, appropriate ultimate height of plantings? Of course trying to design something site unseen is risky at best. Hiring a local designer would be much more professional with more predictable results. Most of us don't deal with California plantings.

4. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Yea... try hiring a professional landscaper, and stick to selling real estate.

5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

What kind of budget are you working with ?.. Go to a local nursery for some help .. If you can't spring for a full design perhaps you can pay someone for a couple of hours- consultation.
    Good luck with it.