Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by pyrocare, Apr 15, 2003.

1. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

Today I had my dad run out and take care of a fertilizing account that needed to be done (we are both licensed). Well he had set the spreader to the correct setting and then the bolt on the gage slipped and he was running wide open for a little bit. He put down about twice as much as he should have. We were using Lesco 25-2-5 with Pre-M.

I was wondering if I should be worried about the lawn dieing from an over dose or something.

I told the owner that he needs to water it real heavy since we put it down a little bit heavy and he just said good more is better.
    :confused: :confused:
  2. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

I would be more worried about the pre-m than the fert, it may prune the roots a little, I had a hose get a pinhole in it on a 32,000 sq ft lawn right by the truck last year, it sprayed for at least 15 minutes before I saw it, the grass grew very fast in that area but was easily pulled out by the root, luckily this customer watered very good and lawn did not brown out. I was using barricade. the lawn is fine now.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how many square feet was the property? And what, 50 lbs bags?

a 50 lb bag would cover around 12,500 square feet. I feel if you put down around 1.5 lbs to 2lbs per 1,000 square feet it would be fine. Anything over that, then I would worry a little bit.
  4. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

It was about a 6,000 to 7,000 sq ft and we used 1.5 50lb bags.

I know that is quite a bit of product
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ouch!!! Ya I guess that was a big mistake. But hey, everybody learns from their mistakes. How can we get any better unless we make mistakes.
  6. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

But will it hurt it.

I drove by there today and nothing as far as yet and I will be mowing it tomorrow.
  7. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

what kind of grass?