Open house ideas!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dennys-lawn, Dec 5, 2006.

?

Open house experience

1. Great idea. Good response from customers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bad idea. Poor customer turnout

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Never tried before

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. dennys-lawn

dennys-lawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone do an open house for customers and potential customers before the mowing season begins. If so or if not. What do you think of this idea? I have been kicking the idea around to do this maybe in February. Catfish, cold sodas, meet the crew and staff etc. :confused:

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

If I had a sales location I would. I know etwman has in the past. He has an awesome setup and has shown photos. I think you can find the thread in the photo board.

Tim

3. Tim Wright

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

In order to do that, you would need a supply yard or building. It sounds like a good idea but for this area, I dont think the turn-out would be that great.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I like the idea... But like J&R said, I dont think the turnout would be great. Most people are so busy these days juggling work....there kids activities etc that they would not make it a priority to go see there Landscapers setup/meet employees. I just dont think they care unfortunatly........

6. Tim Wright

I do not know where you are located in comparison to ETW = Jared, but I would recommend talking with those who have done what you want to do, and are at where you want to be. Let me explain.

If you want to become pro golfer, baseball player, doctor, etc, you would not talk to a farmer, a bum, a fisherman, etc (not saying anyone here is any of those) but you would talk to a pro golfer or pro trainer.

Find another Business person in the field and gleen information.

Tim

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Not so much as people dont care, more as to how saturated the aera is with fly by night operations and lowballers.

Around me, lco's are a dime a dozen. Thats why it wouldnt help.