Open or Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by statman, May 14, 2003.

1. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking of buying an enclosed trailer. I currently have an open one. Any thoughts?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What size?

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I have an 8x20 and love it. No regrets except that maybe I got an 8x24. :D

4. statman

6x12 - I'm a 1 man show, with a Scag SSZ and 36 Bunton

5. tiedeman

from earth

talk to wriken when he is on here next time..he has a 24" and it's sharp as hell looking. If I only had a truck to pull something that big.

6. tiedeman

from earth

why do you want an enclosed? So you don't have to unload? Or is there another reason?

7. statman

Not having to unload and I was going to build a new barn in fall (14x20) for lawn stuff. I could buy an enclosed trailer cheaper and leave my stuff in it all winter.

8. tiedeman

from earth

I would also look at it this way. You will spend more money for an enclosed. Now are you planning on expanding or not? Because if you are planning on expanding into a larger trailer down the road like a 16, 20 or 24, it would be a better bet to just have an open trailer for right now. And it would save you some money. But the open do have their advantages. Not having to unload, bigger adversiting area, and able to store more items safely.

9. harpoonalt

harpoonalt LawnSite Member

I think enclosed trailers look great and are impressive. If I didn't need to haul mulch every year, I'd have one. Now if they'd just come out with a half open, half enclosed trailer.....Hmmmmm,

10. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Mulch? That's why God invented a truck!
    No truck...borrow an open trailer for the occasional need. Or sub that out to someone else.

Encloseds win for me hands down.

A half open, half enclosed does exist. There is a photo on here in a thread title "Does anyone have this trailer?" I think was the sub line.