1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Open or enclosed trailers?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mulchmaster, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same problem with mine. I use a bungee, but its annoying to have to put it on and off all the time.
  2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I agree no less than 20'. I've got an 18' w/ shelves in the front. 2 wbs and 1 zero just fit. Give yourself room to fit 2 zs and 1 wb though in case you want to switch out a wb for a z sometime
  3. ygim

Hey lugnut I've seen you around the area. Hows business?
  4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I insulated my enclosed trailers, so they don't get too hot inside during the summer. Without the insulation, they are not as comfortable to use.

I bought my 1st enclosed trailer in 1989. I had many critics from my friendly competitors. They ask me why I pulled my house with me everywhere I go.:) Everybody in this business saw me around and knows who I am. Potential customers call my posted phone number while I'm driving down the road. My only regret is the 10 years prior, that I used an open trailer. I have a dump truck for mulch and limbs, etc.
  5. mulchmaster

mulchmaster LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Nice rig there Tree! I was thinking 20' to 24' at most. I would like more pics of the inside here in a few weeks, as I will need to know how how to set mine up.

Thanks Andrew
  6. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Business is good, we had a good season and I'm hitting next year even harder. Taking some time now while its slow to really get things in order for spring. Where are you from?
  7. ygim

Washingtonville. You?
  8. DuryAlly

DuryAlly LawnSite Member

those racks look a lot like the racks made by wells cargo, is that the trailer brand and im guessing if so you bought the landscape product line and added the racks as an option?
  9. treeclimber101

treeclimber101 LawnSite Member

The trailer is a Wells Cargo but the details of the options I dunno , I bought the trailer from a friend and I am sure that he bought the trailer with the racks there already , the trailer is pretty nice but after five years of tree abuse is starting to
    show its age...
  10. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

DuallyVette, can you please explain how you insulated your trailers? I'm in the same boat with the temperatures being too hott inside the enclosed.