open or enclosed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cut-rite, Apr 18, 2001.

1. cut-rite

cut-rite LawnSite Member

I can't make up my mind, I had a 8x12 open trailer-didn't want stuff in weather. Got a 8x12 enclosed-not enough room-Got a 8x18 open with front and rear ramps. Finaly have the room but still hate unloading stuff every nite. Does anybody have any solutions? I live in a rural area -theft is not a problem, only weather. I feel like a woman, can't make up my mind. Any ideas? I want to cary 2 ZTR's and a walk behind so big is good.
    Thanks, Brad
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

3. Rodg

Rodg LawnSite Member

Check out the turf magazines. I have a 16ft open and if I had my druthers (some day I may), I would have a 18' inclosed...lots of good companys advertise in Turf and Lawn Pro magazine....

The grass is always greener...on a pro's lawn!

4. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

Enclosed trailers are nice, but room is a problem. I have a 23 ft Featherlite that we use for snowmobling, i don't use it for work to often though That back AND FRONT DOOR DOES OPEN. sO IT WOULD MAKE A GOOD LANDSCAPE TRAILER. I HAVE SEVERAL OPEN TANDEUM YTRAILERS. tHAT WORK REAL WELL
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Get a 20x60 enclosed, that way its out of the weather, and no one ever goes out in the morning and says to themselves "man this thing is too big"

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Get a 22ft. Ryder truck and have a dove tail put on it. Out of the weather and put a lock on the door, no unloading and everything you need to work with is in there including a work bench, if you put one in there.
  7. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I got 5 cars and trucks. We took the 1958 Cheverlet Impala to my uncles for storage, and now I put the trailer (loaded) in the 2nd garage slot. If you can, build a pole barn, they aren't too expensive. Besides then you'll have a big work shop space. If I had the extra land, I would.
  8. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I use a Ford 250 cargo van wich houses my trimmers, blowers, and hand tools and a 16' enclosed for my mowers. Plenty of room in each. The van has an alarm system and the trailer is locked. I just back it in the driveway and I'm done. Russ