Open to suggestions on this...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mr Priceless, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I'm probably thinking a tid bit too early on this but i've essentially grouped my customers into two scheduled mowing days to prepare for school and my other job, but I'm thinking about offering fall cleanups this year as an additional service since many of my customers have numerous decidious trees on their properties...soooo i'm building a budget leaf loading system.

Right now I'm a little stumped as to what I should be using as supports to, well, support my leaf collection system. I'm using a garden trailer as my leaf collection system and already have to vacuum system worked out...just curious to hear your thoughts on what support system I should build to hold these leafs...thus far, here are the ideas I've come up with in between my busy schedule:

Wood all the way around...2x4 or similar boards nailed to the corners of the trailer, plywood to cover all sides.

Cheap poles from...say..a Gazebo tent mounted to the corners and the gazebo tarp over the poles to form the general prism shape...

Just a light canvas attached to the trailer with an undecided method of mounting and can inflate to maximum capacity....

any ideas?:confused:
  2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you plan to un-load it.?
    If it were me i would say wood sides, with a removable section where the vaccume will go, put a trap in the bottom, for removal, and place a tarp over the top.
  3. Mr Priceless

The trailer has dumping ability, as far as lifting the load off the hitch...i'd probably place a tarp on the designated dump area and then wrap it up and throw it in my truck.
  4. Mr Priceless

my curiosity is focused on the comparisons of the ideas i mentioned, and any other suggestions that might come along...

like wieght, durability, ease of maintenance, ease of building, cost, maximum capacities, etc.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well... Get a bigger trailer.