Open Trailer Signs

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Adam3669, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody know of a good professional website where I could design a custom sign to put on the back of my 5X10 gate?

I was thinking something around 3'X2'...or what size would you guys recommend?

Thanks,
    Adam

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have been designing one for a couple months now. I do a design then stick it on my bulletin board and change it once in a while. I will do this until I think it is perfect. I do this because a quality sign to go on an open trailer isn't going to be dirt cheap, it will be somewhat permanent, and I believe this is a sign that you do not want to skimp on. I was thinking 2ft x 4ft maybe even a little bigger to go on the gate. I plan on going with aluminum. I have looked around on the web and have found places that do these types of signs for a reasonable price. But IMO, I think someting like this should be done locally so you can communicate better with what is needed. Also, when you pick it from the sign maker and it isn't quite right...it would be easier to deal with.

3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree ... go with your local guy.

4. J&KLAWNSERVICE

J&KLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

I just went to a sign company yesterday to get my sign made its a 19 inches high 44 wide i would just go to your local sign company and get one made not the internet .. just bargain with them and they will call you in a day or so for final low ball price !

5. Grits

from Florida

How much and what materials did they use. Post some pics if possible.

6. J&KLAWNSERVICE

allumnium $42.50 im picking it up next monday GREAT DEAL!!!

7. Grits

from Florida

Wow!!!! That is a good deal. Another reason to go with the local guys!!!!

8. J&KLAWNSERVICE

always go with your local store !!! you cant really talk person to person at an online site for a lower price.. grit thanks for the realtor idea

9. Grits

from Florida

No problem...I thought you might like it! I did the first email about 2 months ago. I am getting ready to send another one out soon.

10. J&KLAWNSERVICE

were they just one time deal though???