Open trailers with storage area in front?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Pflat1, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Pflat1

Pflat1 LawnSite Member

Anyone have an open trailer with a storage area infront for things like handheld blowers , gas trimmers and maybe gas cans etc? Attached a pic for example. If anyone has anything similar to this could u post a pic of it please .

thx

trailer.jpg

2. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my 2006 PJ 7710G. I had this aluminum tool box laying around the shop, bought it at an auction along with some others. I mounted on the top rail because there was no room on the tounge. I used a piece of galvanized angle steel as the rear base. It supports the box and also is the stop for my lawn machines. I come up to it with the front caster wheels then strap the machine in. On the far left side of the box I mounted a Master lock box for the keys. Inside I keep straps, bungees and can fit my Shindaiwa trimmer with attachments. Since the pic I have added a spare tire to the side of the trailer.

840A0153 (Small).JPG

3. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

4. Pflat1

Pflat1 LawnSite Member

Nice Thx

Thats it exactly , a friend is going to fab one for me . Does it have a door or something? How does it open? I was thinking of having it (open) swing up, kinda like the tail gate, with a latch.

5. davis45

Yea the top swings up like a door. I requested that the front of it folds down but they messed that up, oh well.

6. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my setup, I just put this on about 2 weeks ago.

DSCN0426.JPG

DSCN0427.JPG

DSCN0428.JPG

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

All the trailer in our area are like this....but don't put that cage any higher than necessary it is hard to get in/out. Most of the ones are much lower just so front of mowers can get under them.

8. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

I want to put one of those diamond plate truck boxs in the front of mine. Good thread, keep the pics coming guys!

9. davis45

yep, mine just has a few inches of clearance for the front of a ZTR to fit under there.

10. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

If you put one on I suggest spending the extra money and buying a good one. I first bought a smaller cheaper brand box and in a few months it was real hard to open, the locks got all funky. The big box I have on mine now was real expensive but it is over 5 years old, has been on 3 different trailers and the mechanisms are as good as the day I got it.