opening and closing trailer door(enclosed trailer)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at a shop today getting my windows tinted. While I waited to get my tint done I was watching an LCO across the street mowing a commerical plaza. He had opened and closed his rear trailer door six times in the 2 hours he was there mowing. I know he did this so know one would steal his equipment but opening and closing six times in one location is crazy. He opened it to get the mower. When done he put mower back then opened it to get string trimmer. Then edger,blower, weed control. ect Whould you guys have opened and closed it every time.
  2. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

I would if I couldn't see the trailer from where I was working. I would rather take a little time opening and closing rather than having stuff stolen.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device
  4. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe lock them down in the trailer some how. But it seems like it could be a back killer at the end of the day when you have open and closed that door a few dozen times. Yes sometimes i guess u got to do that stuff just to keep the thieves away.
  5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

The only time my gate drops is to load and unload my mower. After that I use the side door for almost everything.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

7. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the exact same thing haha

YardBros Outdoors
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We require our guys to close the trailer at all times period. It only cost us a few dollars in springs but lose less equipment. And you can not play that game of thinking you can see it leave it open. That will bite you.
  9. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Do how does closing the door stop theft? If it were me stealing, I'd just open the door. Only takes a second.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

It stopped the "honest" thief. LOL Seriously, if the door is closed, there's a better chance someone will keep walking rather then try to open a door knowing the owner is right there. There's all types so it could easily happen.