opening and closing trailer door(enclosed trailer)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Holleywood

Holleywood LawnSite Member

Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

People doors are closed on their homes, it doesn't stop thieves. Vehicle doors are closed and unlocked, it doesn't stop theft either. Thieves can walk into your home at any time with the door unlocked, there's isn't much police can do about it. Trespassing charges can be dropped quickly or be bailed out in hours. So why would a trailer be any different?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Davids Lawncare

Davids Lawncare LawnSite Member

Its keeps an honest man honest:)

4. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Enclosed trailers with springs? That's like doing curls with those fake cinder blocks... So easy! The springs make it so light..... The extra 10 seconds it takes to open and close is completely worth it... Keeping Honest men Honest since 1972

5. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

I even lock one side of my trailer ramp door with a tumbler lock EVERYTIME it goes back up.It keeps the riff raf out and not really a big deal to me.Like mentioned before the door is spring loaded and easy to handle.I charge enough to cover it.

Different zipcodes require different security.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The big think in our area is for them to watch the trailer and when there is an opening drive up snatch what they can and go. They haven't got to point of carring bolt cutters yet.

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Sure there is, they'll write up a report that shows the thief was shot and killed while robbing someone's home. :gunsfirin

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Then you go to jail. You can't shoot unless they pose a threat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ryan5943

ryan5943 LawnSite Member

It happened here in Madison about a year ago. Someone walked into a home in the middle of the day and was shot and killed. There were no charges. You can absolutely kill a stranger for walking into your home. The only person that could tell the police they were no threat is you. That's the way it should be. Most home robberies happen during the day.

10. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Exactly......