opening and closing trailer door(enclosed trailer)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Tsklandscaping

Tsklandscaping LawnSite Member

The whole idea of a enclosed trailer is so you dont have to lock the things in side it. It might seems like a back killer but i would rather be sore then have to go spend 500 dollars!!

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

umm there are MANY ideas behind enclosed trailers.

personally when actually working I use my enclosed trailer as I would an open trailer. ramp door hits the pavement as soon as I arrive and doesn't go up until I'm finished using whatever equipment I take out the rear ramp. which happens to be my trimmers, edgers and mowers. then the side door opens and stays open until I'm finished using whatever equipment I take out the side door. which happens to be my blower.

my reason for using an enclosed trailer is primarily to keep my equipment from the elements. secondly I can lock things up overnight by just locking the ramp door and side door. and thirdly when working in the field it takes a closer look to see what I actually have in there rather than observing an open trailer from a distance or driving by. you can't see inside an enclosed trailer as well or quickly as you can see what's on an open trailer when driving by or taking a quick look from across the street while walking.

3. Tsklandscaping

Tsklandscaping LawnSite Member

Good points and if some one going into my trailer with out asking me first is a big no no and that will get my attention very very fast and i wont be to happy. hasn't happen yet and i don't plan on it happening any time soon haha!

4. Nredo

Nredo LawnSite Member

A little different .. Joe went next door and shot them .. I said "come in MY house"

5. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

I hear ya Nredo - Homeowners have more rights w/the law than if you are on someone else property.

My post was about the bad guys and their crew coming back for revenge.
    And I hear that happens way more than we think. Look, they mess if w/people for no good reason, they darn tootin' going to come back for you for messin' with one of them.

6. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

Used to do 60 accounts in south Florida in the early 90's and yes I would close the tralier just as described , otherwise you might come back to find someone living in it :laugh: