operation subaru recovery

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mike lane lawn care, Apr 18, 2007.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

this afternoon, i got a call from a friend who went wheeling in his subaru(same freind i towed another subaru for). he got stuck in a mud pit way out in the middle of nowhere on a closed mountain road, with his girlfriend. My first response was laughing at him for taking a car with a blown headgasket, and more rust than car up a mountain and try to go 4 wheeling. Then i grabed my trusty tow rope and headed out to get him, the road up there was closed off, and for good reason, it was so washed out, i was afraid i was going to bottom out my truck(but i didn't) when i got to him, he was super stuck, i hooked up the tow rope, and started pulling. unfortunately, i got stuck too, after some careful maneuvering, we got the truck out, and i was able to pull him out from another angle. i have a picture on my cell, of me actualy in the field, but i can't get it to e-mail to myself. so here are some pics of the truck after we got out.

2. mike lane lawn care

drivers side, it took the worst beating.

Copy of IMG_0140.jpg
  3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

its a good thing no one had to call a Ford to pull both of you out :laugh:
  4. mike lane lawn care

figured out how to get the picture uploaded, it is actualy worse than it looks, there are two huge ruts where the front and rear tires are. and it ran out of clearance in the center.

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

LoL good way to break in the new truck!
  6. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Just think how stuck you would have been with the van! Looks good man.
  7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

just about to say that....the truck looks great and i know youre happy you werent in the astro
  8. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

If that was me, that would have convinced me to get a lift kit. Great pics.
  9. mike lane lawn care

i'm gonna get a 3" lift, something not so huge that it demands attention, but just enough. and i need some good wranglers on that, those all terrain tires that are on there now, just cake up with mud and give you no traction.

thanks, and, oh yea, i'm happy i wasn't in the astro, i wouldn't have even made it up the mountain road, never mind the mud pit. i don't even think i'd go up there and try to get him out with the van.
  10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

holy crap, thats crazy, i almost sunk my new truck last week , pulled off the road to park the trailer on grass, but it was just solid mud underneith, i knew it sometimes gets wet there so i already had it in 4x4 comming off the road.. well i got half off the road and tires started to spin already so i never stopped and just spun it back onto the road lol.

I figure it this way, if i sink my F350, what is going to come out in 4wd to tug a 8k truck out?