Operations Manual

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EDLawnCare, Aug 28, 2001.

1. EDLawnCare

EDLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Does anyone have an in depth operations manual which they would be willing to share or sell?

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Its just my opinion, and I don't mean to question your motives, but wouldn't an operations manual be something you would want to create yourself to your specs?

I know if I sent you mine, and I let my employees smoke dope while on the mower and drink beer while driving my trucks and it was okay to come in late as long as it was less then 4 times a week, etc., you probobly wouldn't be happy with the results!

Obviously I've exagerated because people like you that are smart enough to see a need for an operations manual wouldn't allow such things but you get the point.

I'm sure somewhere on line you can find a template to go by.

I've only seen one or two, and sorry don't have them anymore, just read them over for some friends in the construction trades. I'd be curious to see more if you do get a hold of any electronic copies.

If I see something that looks of intrest I'll let you know. I have one person I will contact and try to get you want to peek at.

Good Luck in your search! I'll try my best to help.

3. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

There are some operations manuals available.... American nurseryman has a manual for a succesful lawn care operation and one for a succesful landscape operation ?? If that is what you meant ???

4. EDLawnCare

EDLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I see your point with taking another persons operations manual, but I just want to have something to work from and hopefully it's good so I will avoid leaveing out any detail.

Thanks for your help!

5. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Are you talking about an "Employee Handbook"? If so, they should be pretty much interchangeable in this business, and a very wise resource to have.

If you're not talking about an employee handbook, just completely ignore this post... LOL

6. ally_jax

ally_jax LawnSite Member

Do you know of a employee handbook?

7. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search, I found one from a post here. Sorry I'm not more of a help.