Opinion for Best ZTR for Hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by fireman1000, Apr 12, 2014.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you have a problem running out of coolant in your vehicle? Do you not check your fluids?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

WOW!! 5 gallons of juice in the trans, that is sure better tan 3qts

3. GMLC

Yup. The Kubota transaxles are crazy big. Strongest ones I have ever seen.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Lets see which will hold up better mowing down 4ft of overgrown grass on a 105 degree day for 10 hrs straight. That's why they are water cooled. I can run at -30 pushing snow off sidewalks, or 110 mowing in any condition and the engine will be the same temperature.

I've spit foot size rocks in half, ran the deck into a pole in the ground doing 10mph (left buses on my stomach from the handle bars), hit trees, broke trees, broke a metal water well casing, dropped off a trailer doing 40 mph and I can't remember what else. I think I've tested it enough blhahaha.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  5. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Do they wear glow plugs?

6. JCLawn and more

from MI

They do :dancing: Kubota went to a different type of indirect injection after trying direct injection. They get more power and better emissions with this type of indirect injection. I actually really like glow plugs. Its always instant starts.

7. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

If I was mowing all day in one area it would be great but it does need more speed. I was definitely impressed with them. They give you a lot for the money. One thing I did notice was a Cat 35 appears to be a much beefier made engine?

8. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting 10000 hours out of a mower is no problem with changing parts. There is a reason Hustler puts a life time warranty on the frame.

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

I haven't heard anyone say to much about them. I know perkins actually makes the engine for Cat. There is a reason why the Cat uses kubota engines in their Skid Steers now.

10. GMLC

So you have never seen one......

Not to long ago you would be lucky to get 1000 hours out of Hustlers hydro system. They lost a huge market share with all the problems. Warranty is worthless with the worst customer service in the industry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014