Opinion for Best ZTR for Hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by fireman1000, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think you quit get it, the old Super was asking to much out of the wheel motors and it created a problem. The chasses on the Super is made as good or better than anything out there. What makes the chasses so good is how simply it is designed. The mower is running 15 MPH and that is much more demanding on a machine than going 10. If you can mow at those speeds the mower more than makes up for it in profit.

Where I am with a new PUPPY HD in 26 inch wheel trim on big accounts at 16 or 17 MPH it will just leave the Kabukie sitting there trying to figure out what happened. Don't get me wrong I can still worship the Kabukie God but the Kabukie God is slow.

It will leave a Gravely sitting there as well, Puppy is the Hustler God and should be respected as such and worshipped as well. :)

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

if you are worried about speed :) [​IMG] or if you want a stock mower
    [​IMG]

3. Realslowww

I wonder how much the transmission cost and how much torque it makes? These are real cool mowers. So these gear boxes are way beefier than what comes on the big Gravely? the Dyna Gears that only hold a little oil?

5 gallons that is a real system, the newer Dynas they are putting in Z's to get away from the separate component design I found to be a joke because they have no oil capacity.

4. Realslowww

I would hate to pay the fuel bill on a twin Generac but that is a cool mower. Where I am you can use the speed all day on a lot of properties.

5. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

6. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I'm so glad all these multi-page threads on LS stay on topic so much... :laugh:

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

oh hush, the OP left long ago lol

8. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I'm just trying to figure out where the 400'+ hills are in Florida if Wikipedia lists the highest point at 345'.

9. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

How "BAD" would that fuel bill would be? around 5 gallons an hour?

10. JCLawn and more

from MI

So I did some figuring, if you were wanted to replace the hydro system on this mower it would be $4,937.36 or the 2 axles and the center. I think that should speak for the hydro system.