Opinion for Best ZTR for Hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by fireman1000, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to admit that is a really cool mower, I should show more respect for Kubota. It's not my cup of tea for what I do or trying to do but it really is a nice machine and by far about the best looking mower out there.

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Lastec holds the title for coolest mower

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

What is a normal DC
    I broke a front spindle but I wasn't on the mower
    I was on a very steep hill on my 1988 50'' was a 60'' mower but I put a 50'' deck on it
    The mower died and wouldn't start and I pulled the brake went to the truck get jumper cables When I came back it slide down the hill and hit concrete wall and broke the spindle right above the fork That's been 20 + yrs ago only one I ever broke

On front end you wouldn't notice being that wide since the rear end is so wide
    My mowers are wider then the factory mower with the factory tires
    I think I gain 2-3'' with 25x13x9 tires All my mowers are the Classic models
    I don't care for the 74'' DC

4. Realslowww

I have this one job that I do that I do not like to use the WB much because it blisters your feet bad. This thing is like steep, I mean like people stop me and say doesn't that kill your feet. So for this job I need the best Z for doing it and it's big too, not that big but big for a embankment.

A 1/4 mile long on each side by 200 feet wide of gradual incline that gets so steep toward the top a WB 36 hydro can flip if you are not careful. Some parts of it if you lose control of the Z you will go off a 6 to 8 foot drop into the crocodile pit and get torn to pieces by crocks and then possibly eaten by a megalodon or two. Were talking scary stuff.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

DC holds the title of the worlds fastest mower

6. Realslowww

The one I tried I really liked the Generac, it killed the Kohlers that came on the Hustlers but the mower had no foot pedal to raise the deck. I have noticed how wide the Dixies are in the rear. It is no problem to space the rear out more on a mower. I have put longer studs in the hubs before and shimmed them out.

I am surprised on a 9 inch rim you do not blow off the rim. When I do this job I just lower the air pressure to where it looks good by eye. I have to be real careful because this thing is so steep it will blow the tires right of the rims on the WB and Z if the air pressure is to low.

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

except I think scag is literally the fastest now.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

For now...if Altoz ever comes on line then they may take that title belt.

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

they both do 18mph

10. Realslowww

Puppy says the new HD is close to 17 with 26's, the Hustler pumps can support way over 17. Mchippy has a video of a guy going cross country on a HD with it set up to go over 20 it looks like.

Where I am a mower can knock the thin road side Bahia down at 15 and more, the old XR7 deck was designed for this and worked great doing it.

The Lastecs are way to complex in my book for a commercial guy.