Opinion for Best ZTR for Hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by fireman1000, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

The old Super Z wheel motors were White and failed left and right and had real good spec, it's not the torque but the torque to RPM tire size speed ratio.

What you put there means nothing, the 280 Parker on paper look no better than the old White and maybe they are not but they have a hot shuttle to lower temp and the pumps are what they say makes this system the best by ZTR standards. To the people who fix them they say the system is just what is acceptable on a good piece of equipment.

How many RPM does the White turn, the Parker 280 turn 260.

2. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

@ 260 it will run 20.1 MPH ??

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

My dealer is 3hrs one way Well only dealer I will buy from

I been on the 4x4 DC and It has its place but first thing I thought to be nice Sidewalk plow Slap a V plow on it be good in the snow Steep hill I don't know its only a 54'' deck

The year I went EXPO it rained a lot and was mud and that was only mower you could run in the Demo area

4. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

Dulleys on a ZTR should go good in bad conditions. I just went back and looked at the other Husky line and the smaller Kubota lines. There are a lot of really nice mowers these days.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Why just buy right mower be done with it
    I mow a kraft food factory and has a steep ditch bank one year I lost the bid out 25 years have having it
    The company had it Did the dually thing on ZTR Exmark to stay on it and I always ran a DC and I still run DC on same ditch bank with no problems

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

I show pics One is Tire pressure and other is showing how wide my 72'' is on a 83'' trailer You can see how the seat is off set the rear end

0415141137a.jpg

0415141142a.jpg

7. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

8. The Don'z

The Don'z LawnSite Member

Dixie Chopper, My Mower is a 60" classic 09. it's great on hills either up and down or across (depending on the angle of slope)

9. The Don'z

The Don'z LawnSite Member

Do those tires come in 24x11x10?