Opinion-Give it to me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dsaldivar, Mar 26, 2003.

1. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

all i can say is thank god your doing the job and not me . for that price i wish you luck.:D

2. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

The bushes are reasonably priced. I would even say a bit low, but thats me.

Id tell him to shove his bed proposal you know where.

If he doesnt want to give in, move on.

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I'd leave that property ASAP, forget his name, wipe the dust off my shoes as I left. Never to think of that miserable person again. Life's too short and there are way too many good customers who "get it" to waste time with cheapskates like that guy.

Honestly, I'd turn and walk away.

Your bid for pruning seemed a little low if you ask me. But DEFINITELY not too high. You just need to focus in a higher caliber of clientele.

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

you should charge i feel at least 5.00 per shurb under 4 feet wide.after 4 feet a charge 3 per foot.like the long terrace kind of deals that are 10 20 feet long.but i would walk away.its tuff to do that but you will be better off.let some low baller do it

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Do I read this correctly/ You came down from 294.00 to THIRTY-FIVE BUCKS? I wouldn't call this "bending like someone needing a job' I'd call it bending over. :eek:
    You asked for opinions, there's mine.
    Crawdad

6. dsaldivar

dsaldivar LawnSite Member

Hi Guys and (Gals- probably need to be politically correct)

Appreciate again all your comments or thoughts.

Especially enjoyed (lol) crawdad's comment about bending over.
    Maybe I am bending over crawdad but not before covering my a..
    :D

Yes, I did agree to 35.00 per man hour with an agreement that if it takes significantly greater than 1 man hour that we would revisit the price. In addition, in convincing him to take the pre-emergent application I have a built in cushion on this service as well as others that should cover my a.. Anyway that was my thinking.

But then again I may learn something from this experience that may be valuable in future bids. Again, I think the best teacher is experience and the experience of others. That's why I frequently visit this site.

I have another commercial bid I'm in the process of bidding and probably will not budge on figures. If they accept fine, if not I'll keep movin on.

Thanks again for the responses.
    Chat with you later.

Danny

7. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

What is "signifigantly longer than one hour"? 3 HOURS! Are you really going to go back to him after 2 hours and ask for more money?

Is "Take it Easy" your business name or just a signature line for the site?

8. dsaldivar

dsaldivar LawnSite Member

Total:
    I'm not anticipating it taking longer.. I'm going to push to it in as little time as possible (without doing a sh..ty job).

Yes this is my company's name.. catchy... every customer comments on it.

Sometime I'll need to post my logo.. its catchy too.

9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I totally understand where you are coming from saying this is your first commercial account and wanting to be a little flexible. I have been there and remember that well. Hopefully this will end up working out for you without being too painful.

Gravely_Man

10. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Ok now my opinion has changed.

You would be the STUPIDEST person i know if you are even TRYING TO CONSIDER doing this job.

Tell that guy to use some Vaseline next time he tries to stick it to someone. Sounds like you don't care what he uses though.