Opinion? groundskeeper pro vs gopher

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jphag, Jan 19, 2008.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

I am upgrading from manually accounting and billing to computer software and want something that is easy to understand. I am not the most computer savey person so the eaiser the better.

Do I need seperate software like quick books to handle all the accounting, payroll and credit cards and also a lawncare program to handle the service end of business?

Or

Can I just use one program to handle all of it?

Which one do you like better?

Pros and Cons?

Will quick books accept both of them?

Most user friendly?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

2. NCIlandscaping

NCIlandscaping LawnSite Member

We been using Groundskeeper Pro since it came out, we won't use anything else because of the support the company has giving us. But a ton of guys on these forums use Gopher too and seem to be extremely happy with it...

3. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

I am trying a free demo of groundskeeper pro and so far I like it.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I just switched over to Quick Books from Gopher. I don't need scheduling and Gopher has too many problems to continue using that program.

5. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

why didn't you switch to another lawncare package? Do you feel quickbooks will be do everything for you?

6. EnvirosafeCarolinas

EnvirosafeCarolinas LawnSite Member

What type of problems does Gopher have?

I downloaded the trial version and it didn't work, so I'm skeptical. Anyone else here endorse gopher?

7. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

I had a problem with the trial version of gopher as well. I sent them an email regarding this but haven't heard back from them. Maybe this is an indicator about their customer service. I am still liking the trial version of groundkeeper pro. I may purchase it but am corcerned if I will still need quick books as well. Any input on this?

8. EnvirosafeCarolinas

EnvirosafeCarolinas LawnSite Member

Would Groundskeeper Pro likewise be adaptable for my pest control business?

Many of our residential accounts are quarterly. Is this software appropriate for quarterly scheduling? Monthly Scheduling?

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I started with Gopher in 2003. As the computer world is upgraded to bigger, faster, badder equipment, the Goper program has remained the same. There has only been 2 upgrades sence 2003. With Vista, I'm getting several " glitches " with the program. Quick Books seems to be the standard for many business people. So now I'm one of them. Its time to move on.

10. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

yes there is a section for that. Down load the free trial version and check it out. go to www.adkad.com