Opinion on 2 stroke oils

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yungman, Dec 2, 2007.

1. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Can anyone tell me what is Shindaiwa One oil is, Synthetic, Synthetic blend, or just regular oil?
    Anyone has test data on different 2 stroke oil for air cooled lawn equipments like Amsoil, Opti 2, Stihl Ultra, Shindaiwa One, Echo Synthetic Blend etc.?
    :waving:

2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

The only test data I can provide is this:

I have used Opti-2 for ten years with absolutely no engine problems and no smoke. :usflag:

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Shindaiwa offers TWO grades of 2 cycle oil -- Premium and S. One. Shin One is the lesser quality -- I thought I was going to blow up my bp blower with that crap. After switching to Tanaka oil, the engine just got smoother and smoother and quieter. I could be wrong, but I think the S. One was about to kill it. Maybe it was a coincidence, I just don't know.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have been using opti in many pieces of equipment for about 6 years. Tony

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I thought Shindaiwa One is the better of the two, it is Synthetic blend! Someone said it is make by Spectrum, and is the same as Dolmar oil.

7. naturescape

Well, maybe I was just having bad luck at the time I used it. BUT - as soon as I switched to Tanaka 2cyc, the blower just kept improving in power/sound of the engine/smoothness. I don't think it's any coincidence. Tanaka's rep, Mark, told me the Shin. One was the lesser quality of the 2 Shin oils, after I made the switch. So that is where I am getting my info, plus from my own experience.

8. zappalawn

zappalawn LawnSite Member

i use opti 2 and 4 in most of my newer equipment no problems

9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 6 pack of the shindy one oil about 6 months ago, couldn't wait to finish it so I could buy more premium.

10. naturescape

See guys?? What kind of problems were YOU having with it?