Opinion on a blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Jan 24, 2003.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

what do you guys think of a stihl BR320... Mine seems to have wanted to blow up on me so im tryin to find a good used 1, till I can afford a new 1..

Chad

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 5 year old br400 (now br420). It works just like new. It is used daily. Twicw per year I change the spark plug and air filters. For the extra money I would go with the 420.

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try ebay I got mine on ebay new for under $400 (br420 magum) really good product. You can also get one used there for about $250 good luck.:)

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

I haven't used the BR320 however I do have a BR420 and would recommend it.

6. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

The Echo PB400E has been around for several decades. It's heavier than most out there because the fan shroud is Aluminum and not plastic. It doesn't seem to blow quite as much air velocity as others but then again what size flower pot filled with dirt do you want to blow over? It will survive being bounced out of a trailer with only minor pings and dents. I have two that are 8+ years old and run better than the newer ones I have because they have the adjustable carbs. They aren't fancy but they have been around for several decades.