Opinion on a used Toro Grandstand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TopNotchLawnCare, Feb 25, 2012.

1. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

OK guys, I need your opinion on this Toro Grandstand and if you think this is a good price for it or not. It is a 2009 48" Grandstand 23 hp Kawasaki with 517 hours. It comes with bagger, new mulch kit, and extra blades. He said all updates have been done last fall.

Input appreciated!

2. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

whats the price?

3. TopNotchLawnCare

from IL

Oops, it is $2,800.

4. rywnygc

rywnygc LawnSite Senior Member

Give me the sellers info and I'll go check it out for you.

5. edensgate7

edensgate7 LawnSite Member

I have a 52" with a 23 hp Kaw. If I didn't need it for mowing steep hills and leaf removal, I would say it has waaay more hp than what it needs. Depending on what your needs are, I might try to find something with less hp because you will lose any savings you get on buying a used mower by using more fuel than needed for the size deck as compared to a newer or new machine with a more efficient hp to deck size ratio. Something ideal would probably be in the 17-20hp range for a 48" deck IMO. If you think you need that much hp though I think it is a decent price:)

6. stonebridge

stonebridge LawnSite Senior Member

no no no give me the info and i will check it out

7. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a 52" 23hp grandstand and I would buy it right now for that price...one of the best mowers you will ever buy!

8. Cheeta

Cheeta LawnSite Member

Just bought a 2010 48 incher grandstand had 35 hours on it for 5500.00 no bag no extra , while it is practically new price was still high. It is a totally awesome machine hopefully it was maintain properly . if you don't buy it I think I would , let me know thx and good luck!

9. stonebridge

stonebridge LawnSite Senior Member

i will be in illinois this week, where is it located at, let me know if your going to pass on it?

10. TopNotchLawnCare

from IL

Thanks for the reply guys!

I have heard the 2009 Grandstands have some problems, but he said all updates have been done. What should I look for other that the obvious stuff? This may be a stupid question, but does this machine strip good? I am used to Exmark mowers, so I am guessing they are probably pretty close in cut quality?