1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinion on after market grass catchers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Integritylawncare, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Integritylawncare

Integritylawncare LawnSite Member

I have a Toro Proline 48 inch belt drive fixed deck mower. I am looking to add a grass catcher for leaves. I am currently looking at the grass gobbler. Does anyone have an opinion or another mfg. that makes a grass catcher.
  2. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

grass gobler will do the job the same as any other but the life span on mine was terrible .its a lot lighter so i believe a lot weaker but it might not be true i dont know the materials they use. the clasp on the gobbler isnt good either i would try another company first

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Not to say JJ is wrong but I had good luck with the Gobblers. and being steel you could weld it up to fit it easy-
    I also had a Toro that I hated- Heavy steel plate on the mower and the bag was 1/2 open when you took it off. very messy, Best way to use that was driving over a tarp and let the mess drop on the tarp.
    I only used Bags in fall and even than not too often.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I own one of theese and it works very nice
    they are a sponsor here and they have a forum here on lawnsite also that you can ask the owner of the company any questions

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The grass gobbler catcher is a nice unit. It's also good because you can get the leaf gobbler extension for when fall rolls around.
  6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass Gobbler, If not kept painted rusts away quick , especially the bottom, it will rot and fall off.
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

If I needed a grass catcher then I would look at accelerator industries, all aluminum = no rust.
  8. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We use accelerators and are VERY happy. We were going to go with a steel catcher but think about it .... WET grass + fert and anyother chem on the wet grass is going to rust anything right out.

You get what you pay for and we feel we are def getting our moneys worth out of these catchers.
  9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

agree with the others about accelerator baggers. excellent catcher.