Opinion on business name!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by walker-talker, Sep 1, 2002.

Which name do you like more?

1. Affordable Lawn Services

3 vote(s)
  2. Progressive Turf Management & Landscapes

11 vote(s)
  1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Do you like "Affordable Lawn Service" or "Progressive Turf Management & Landscapes". I don't have a logo for my new one.

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I like Progressive better . Affordable doesnt give a really good image. I dont like the progressive logo----seemd hard to read.
  3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i think the word progressive would be an easier read if the R started out larger than it is (but obviously still smaller than the P.

so that there is less of a increase in letter size up to the E

and maybe if the E was the same size as the P, would balance better.

just a thought :angel:
  4. bill--bls

bill--bls LawnSite Member

go with progessive sounds better

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Remember, people care about what neighbors think about them!

If they see a truck labeled "affordable". they will think that they are cheap.

If they see a truck labeled "Progressive", they will think they are better off than they really are!

Its a no-brainer. Progressive is a classy name.

Good luck.
  6. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

I think Progressive is a better choice also, and as with the others that have posted I think the logo needs improvement.

Just my opinion but, if your trying to use the name progressive getting bigger like that, starting out with the "P" being large and then the next letter smaller seems to defeat the purpose. Maybe other people wouldn't perceive it like I do, but to me that concept would need to have the "P" being the smallest letter..
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I would stay away from Affordable sounds cheap and not too professional. I like progressive.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Thanks for the honest opinions. I have been using Affordable for the last 3 years and kind of thought that it sounded a little cheap and less professional. I will work on the logo. I just thought the progressive gettitng progressively larger was a neat idea.

thanks again
  9. I like Progressive

tried to vote but site still not accepting my vote on polls
  10. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Affordable will get you first in the phone book.If you been using that for 3 years why change?