1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion on business name!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by walker-talker, Sep 1, 2002.

?

Which name do you like more?

1. Affordable Lawn Services

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Progressive Turf Management & Landscapes

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Not necessarily. There is usually an A-1, an AAA, etc, etc for the same reason. How many customers you know pick the first name out of the phone book when looking for any type of contractor. (If they do, I wouldnt want them anyway.)

Why dont you have "Progressive" all the same size (as the P), "Turf and Landscapes" underneath, and a picture of a tree(cartoon tree) on top of "Progressive" in 3 different stages of growth. This to me symbolizes growth, etc in the positive direction. It is my belief to make your business name as plain and simple to read as possible. Dont do anything "tricky" with the letters.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am gonna steal your name, just like someone did with mine.:angry:

Just kidding.

3. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

"Progressive" gets my vote.

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

on this one. I'd use Progressive, but the logo needs some work. Pretty much the same ideas as already stated here, so I won't bother to repeat them.

It may be worth having someone design your logo proffessionally. You only have to do it once, and then you can have one good one to use on everything for the rest of your business life.

Just some ideas!

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Big Jim,

I want to change my name to something that sounds a little more professional. This is my 3rd year as a part-timer and will want to go to full-time soon. If I am going to change my name, now is the time. I am in the phonebook already under Affordable (Well, it comes out inext month and it's too late to change anything with that).As Guido stated, I want something that will work for the rest of my business life. I am open to all idea about the logo. I never cared for the grass that surrounds the logo. I like the idea of the grass, just not the grass graphics that I choose. I will keep working on it....Thanks

MATT