1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinion on flyer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FIRESCOOBY, Mar 15, 2007.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

It might be a little late to ask, as I've already sent about 100 out. I've driven through a few neighborhoods where I have some accounts already and ones that are close and I'd like to get in.

So far for about 100-110 flyers I've sent out I've gotten 2 calls that have resulted in one account and one hedge trimming/ pruning job. That's right along with the 2% return. I direct mail these along with 3 business cards which I think "seems" a little more professional than just leaving it at the house.

I made the flyer up myself and went and had the front and back color printed at a print shop. Total cost was about $100 including printing, envelopes, and stamps.

Any criticism appreciated...thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

2. cl&l c.c. Tx

cl&l c.c. Tx LawnSite Member

I like it, especially the testimonial on the back. Grandmothers are gonna love it. I think you should use those in retirement communities. Good luck man and thanks for putting out the fires.

Thanks man
  4. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

not bad. it looks better than mine does but i already had it printed. i changed it probaly every day and i finaly was like o well this one looks good and i printed it and had 500 copies made of one page and 500 of the other and i am stapling them together and will be passing them out soon
  5. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I like it..........Thank you for posting it on here to see. I am trying to come up with something myself as I am just getting it this mowing and etc. part time. I am an electrician full time but am out of work alot in the winter and I am tierd of spending all of my savings to live. This could be extra income to put aside for the slow times in construction. Don't get me wrong, I want to do a very good job and have many happy customers.
    But like I said, thanks for showing us your fylers, they are nice. Gives me something to think about.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good, BUT....
    Instead of saying ME on the front,...say US. Also, on the back, you have the words "reliable" and "dependable" in the same sentence. This is redundant. They are synonyms for the same thing. Cut one out. And GET RID of the sentence "If you do not need these services, please pass this flyer on to someone who might." Do NOT sell NOT wanting services.....This shouldn't even be taking up space on the flyer....Sell WANTING services. Do not even suggest them not wanting it, because that is all the more that will say. "Eh,...yeah, I guess we don't need this." The power of suggestion goes a long way.
    Good luck with it.

I thought about the "me/us" thing. IMO, I felt projecting an image that isn't me/my company is not my cup of tea. My biggest comment from current customers is the personalized service. To me, advertising as a company larger than it is would be getting off on the wrong foot. I agree that saying "us" is more professional and not sounding like a "fly by night outfit", but it's just not me.

I agree on the reliable/dependable...my bad.

On the "passing the flyer on"...that was a recommendation on a marketing site I visited. In fact, I got a job today from my flyer that was given to them from one of their friends. The homeowner I mailed it to already had a service that they were happy with. Their friend mentioned to them that they were needing service, so they gave them my flyer.

Thanks for the opinions y'all.