Opinion on mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MysticLandscape, Jan 18, 2006.

1. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello my name is Tim, i am new to these fourms and im looking to get some information. I am looking at buying a 42 inch wright stander mower. I have a few questions, how would this mower handle a hill with a 35 degree slope (estimate of degree). How do these mowering do on leaves, do they blow out the leaves from the front of the mower like some 48 inch models do. I would like to hear some opinions of these mowers from expienced operators. Thanks, Tim

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

no mower will work on a 35 degree slope...you'll be lucky just to walk.

3. MysticLandscape

Maybe is not 35 degrees im not sure of the exact measure of the slope. Lets put it this way, i can do it with a 36 inch , belt driven unit...

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Thats pretty steep. I mow some slopes like that with a 36 walkbehind....I dont use a sulky with it..it still slides and I have to go pretty slow.. Not sure even a Wright could handle that.

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Can starve the engine of oil pretty quick at 35 degrees..I would imagine most mowers sliding right down that hill.

6. MysticLandscape

It doesnt effect my 36 inch that i use ont he hill right now as far as oil and the engine go, but it does slide a bit towards the top. I dont think its 35 degrees its hard to measure it when it across town but its a manageable hill with a WB.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If your WB is sliding on it then you can be sure a stander will....only worse.

8. MysticLandscape

Ya i have been reading other fourms and thinking, the two mower i got now should do fine on the 45 accounts i have. Ill just have to see how things go during the season.