1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinion On Names

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Axl, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

First off I apologize if anybody already has either of these names.
    I am trying to decide between BLADE RUNNERS and OUTBACK lawn & landscapes. I like Blade Runners but the idea behind Outback is entertaining many thoughts in my head such as our uniforms looking like Steve Irwin(Croc Hunter) or guides from Australia (Im sure you know the look). My logo could include a Croc or a Kangaroo. The idea behind this is to create an image that would directly connect to the company name and make us stand out or be different to where people would know the company w/o seeing the name on the truck. Maybe we could even a gator along and wrestle it while the grass is being cut :D Give oppinions/thoughts

The personalized plate would read.........GDAY M8
  2. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

I know I've seen posts by a guy from Australlia (Queensland I think). Maybe he will see this and have some input for you. :drinkup:
  3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

KOOTOOMAANDOO or something like that is a member and his co. is Outback Landscaping and he's in the usa

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I like Blade Runners. That's unique and memorable.
  5. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Speaking of Runners, is that guy Runner around anymore? Remember him?
    Blade Runners is cool.
  6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I think I have seen a guy using Blade Runners on here showing off his logo from Design Outpost.
  7. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I like BladeRunners, but there's at least one outfit around here called that and someone here on lawnsite who's also using that name. Before you get set on using that name, you may want to see if anyone has already registered that business name where you live.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Joe's still here now and then...
  9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I like both of them. You could get some good logo ideas out of either. I do like the idea of having the Outback theme. Dressed in Tan with boots and a bandanna around your neck. You will have the look and a great comfortable uniform to boot.

With any name, check for Trademarks.
  10. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

If I based my decision solely on the name I would pick Blade Runners, but like you said I think it would be cool to have a theme that directly relates to the company name. Decisions, decisions