Opinion on RedMax BCZ2601 and BCZ3000s Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yungman, Nov 26, 2007.

1. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have a dealer that have BCZ2601 for $299 and BCZ3000s for $349,
    1) Are they good price?
    2) BCZ3000s was a new model and someone said it has some pinging noise from the piston, has it since been fixed? Any problem with this trimmer?
    3) How is BCZ2601?
    4) How loud are these two trimmer, are they as loud as the ordinary 2 cycle or they are quieter?
    Thanks

2. JOSLAWN

JOSLAWN LawnSite Member

I have both no probs at all great fuel effienticy.Ive owned echo and stihl and would go redmax over any of those.My last 3000 had at least 600 plus hrs on it.The pinging noise try using 89octane or higher grade gas and be sure to use redmax oil mix.

3. yungman

from Calif.

Hi Joslawn
    Thanks for your response. Is the BCZ3000s as loud as the Echo? What kind of oil and ratio you use?

4. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have the 2600 and love it! great trimmers!
    Your going to use a 50/1 oil to gas mixture,
    On noise end of thing there not all that bad, my blower is the only thing that annoyers me, 7001.

5. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

Not bad prices. Theyr'e both about $30 off of list.

6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2600. Its good. Those prices are good. Those two trimmers weigh the same. I would go 3000, not because there is anything wrong with the 2600 power but for 50 bucks go big.

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have the 3000. i've been using it for about 3 years i guess and have had no problems out of it. it has plenty of power and makes about as much noise as any other trimmer i've ever used. i don't have the piston noise with mine and i run 87 in my mix.

8. yungman

from Calif.

Hi Guys
    How do you think BCZ3000s measure up to Stihl FS130, Shindaiwa and Hondas
    Thanks

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

For $50 I would suggest you go with the BCZ3000.

It's a no brainer I think... as you get a 30cc engine and the weight is the same as the BCZ2600.

On the noise end... not too bad... average I would say... but they don't have that annoying clutch "bell-dinging" at idle that the Stihls do. Ultimately if you really want to reduce trimmer noise, what you have to do is CHANGE TRIMMER LINES over to a TWISTED line such as SUFFIX MEGA-TWIST.

Fuel economy is execellent on the stratocharged engine... and this shouldn't be a surprise, but the emissions, smoke and exhaust smell is greatly reduced also due to the efficient design... and most other two strokes blow a lot of raw fuel right out in the exhaust.

Compared to the FS130... I have no idea power-wise... but in my opinion, piece-of-mind wise... I went with Redmax when Stihl went 4-mix.

10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Stihl br600 and have no problems with it. The 4 cycle is the future. I have had problems with my Redmax. Every brand can give you a problem.