Opinion on this flyer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Willofalltrades, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the finished product. Please give your opinion before I order 1000 of these for $500. This includes little plastic bags so i can hang them on the doors.

Will'sLandscaping flyer.jpg

2. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you paying $.50 cents each.?

3. cpritch

cpritch LawnSite Member

I'm not a marketing guru, but I think they look nice. They look very professional.

4. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I think they look sweet
    order them up and get handing them out..payup

5. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

They really look great, but 50 cents apiece?

6. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

This flyer looks excellent! I would use it myself. The only problem is that .50 apiece is a bit pricey. I know you said this includes the little plastic baggys to hang them on the door but if hanging them on the door is that important, why not just make them into door hangers.

To make a long story short, Great flyer - Bad price.

Shop around a little bit long Im sure you'll find a better deal. www.dpgink.com is were I get my flyers printed, they are the best kept secret.

7. curtislawncare

curtislawncare LawnSite Member

8. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

If you feel the same way about the white space you can go with 8.5 x 5.5 sheet of paper and have it on both sides. This is cheaper then full paper and it will free up some space on you flyer making it easier to read.

I would put "Relax and leave the lawn work to use" on the front with the name, phone # and a nice picture, and on the back I would have the services. This is just my opinion, you may have some that disagree.

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

nice touches, color copies are expensive as it is and you cant print them at home, thats too expensive, and you need a bigger run to get an offset print.....

where i work i think 8 1/2x11 copies at 1000 quantity are like 45 cents each , i know i live in a different place but thats pretty close.... not much else you can do if you want color.

i think you should get a good response, id call on an add that looked like that...i might wonder if they where an expensive company with such nice flyers though:)

10. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I think overall it is very nice, personally the only thing that I dont like is the fact that it seems a little wordy or unorganized.
    it kinda seems like you have it broken down into 3 sections with the pictures which is good but what I would probably do is:

1st section
    words on the left side and picture on the right (like you already have it) the only thing that I would change about this section is maybe not having any words under the picture...let the pictures stand by themselves...try to have the paragraph lined up, it seems that 3 or 4 words are sticking out and seems out of place.
    2nd section
    words on the right side and picture on the left (you have it the other way right now)
    3rd section
    words on the left side and picture on the right (you have it the other way right now)

Also as my wife noted, if it was her design what she would do is look at your 3 pictures 2 of them (1st and 3rd) have no borders, the middle one has a red border? or frame around it....it seems a little out of place. Both styles are good but I would recommend using one or the other.

I really am not trying to be a prick, overall I really do like it, these are just things that I would do differently...just my .02 take it for what its worth.

Ron :rolleyes: