Opinion on this trick

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Schrock Lawns, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/ctd/3507494849.html opinions on this truck stuff to look for when I go check it out Is the milage too high?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think there is rust under those flares. 200k it's time for things to start failing and believe me these engines are not cheap on parts injector's alone are 2k:waving:

3. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

There is not much that those flairs hide. That truck is 12 years old you can expect to have some repairs on it. The biggest things to check on the 7.3 is the oil pans because it a 2500 dollar repair if done right that engine out of the truck and completely clean and a new pan put in.

4. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

There are ways around it if you know how to work on trucks fairly well. I did mine two years ago for a couple hundred bucks. It sucked to do and the engine did NOT have to come out, but 90% of places do take the motor out. I did it two years ago and its still going fine. I did find a few truck mechanic places that specialize in diesels and they are the ones who know it can be done without the engine coming out, and the prices for them to do it was right around 1000
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Defiantly worth checking out at that price if it's local and that price is what they are asking not necessarily taking. Once you look at it and decide if you want it, spend the money to get it checked out at a local auto shop before closing the deal.

6. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

My initial feeling would be no, but I would still go look at it anyways just to see. Pictures never tell the whole story

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com