Opinion on this truck!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, May 16, 2008.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Nice truck. Price is not a steal but theyre not overpricing it either
  3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a texas truck with those heavy bumpers. With the was prices are going I'd stay away from a diesel. I'm actually looking at a gasser to replace my diesel right now.
  4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i figured with the price of diesel i could talk them down a bit on the price!
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Check out www.fordtrucks.com/forums for more info. I'd stay away from the 03 and 04 6.0 engines though... to many problems with head gaskets, exhaust manifolds and other egr problems.
  6. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

that is an awesome truck! i wish it were close to me and in a different color!
  7. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Look around, it is over priced. I wouldnt take a chance on a 03-04 6.0 either way. Also get an Oasis report from the dealer, if someone had a chip or box on the truck then what warranty is left will be voided. 03 and 04 6.0s around here have a really low resale.
  8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I have to agree here !!
  9. Deputy

Deputy LawnSite Member

stay away from the 6.0
  10. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

The 6.0 is a HORRID engine, run away as fast as you can. It was even nicknamed the "SICKO", because it was always in the shop. Get yourself an F250 with the 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel. It is MUCH better and will last you many years, and if you take care of it will last 500,000 miles. Plus it gets alot better fuel mileage, as high as 23 mpg.