Opinion on Toro and Stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by abooth, Apr 28, 2005.

1. abooth

abooth LawnSite Member

I am trying to get some thoughts on the Toro and Stihl brands from a commercial cutters perspective. I currently run a fairly large ATV dealership, but we are looking for growth opportunities. Recently Toro and Stihl have contacted us and want to join our operation. I think this is a good move, but I was wondering what everyones thoughts on these brands are. I know they are both very reputable brands, but what does everyone here think of them, and the thought of them being in an ATV dealership. I would appreciate any input anyone would give me.
    Adam Booth
  2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

good brands. Some of the best there is. Toro is overpriced in my opinion.
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Stihl is a very good name. I have many stihl tools and i love them all. As long as you satisfy the customer with dealer support it doesn't matter what type of dealer it is. 80% of what we look for is dealer support. - Peter
  4. gocards

gocards LawnSite Member

Commercial Toro equipment is great!
  5. abooth

abooth LawnSite Member

We currently have Polaris. I do understand how critical downtime is. We have a lot of commercial customers that own Rangers, and they don't make money if their machine is broken. From what I have read on this site, service can make or break any brand.
  6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Toro and Sthil make up the majority of my equipment.