Opinion

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by keithslawnc, Jan 8, 2011.

1. keithslawnc

keithslawnc LawnSite Member

Wanting to know if this unit would be over kill for an add on service for a lawn and landscape business. It is a Hydrotech brand rig. The whole rig was built by Hydrotech. It specs are 9 gpm and 3500 psi, belt driven pump,275 water tank, 30 gal chemical tank, diesel heater, hose, hose reels ect. He said he purchased it 6 months ago for $ 12,000. It is not cheap, wondering if I would be better off with a more entry level unit. Thanks for your help.

2. Propowerwash

Propowerwash LawnSite Senior Member

I think you do not need a unit that Large for ad on service in florida if your talking residential.

If your a Commercial landscaper I would say get it.

3. keithslawnc

I have the oppurtunity to by this machine. It is a hydrotek 9 gpm at 3000 psi. It is 6 months old. I can get it for $3500.00 Should I jump on this deal?

4. Don M.

Don M. LawnSite Member

Like Ron said, if your going to do residental houses only no. If your going to use the hot water to clean concrete, yes.

5. Pumptecguy

Pumptecguy Inactive

Why is the owner willing to take a $ 8500.00 haircut on this? What brand of pump is on it? If the pump is junk, then you will have extra expense getting that replaced.

6. keithslawnc

He wanted 10k for the company including contacts and his name but has relocated here. Now he has offered to sell me the skid itself for $3500.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Most likely because the machine was priced almost double what it was worth in the first place.

$12k for a $7k machine. Now it is used, I'd offer $2800.

8. bcg717

bcg717 LawnSite Member

If you can get the Skid for around $3k and its still in great condition that is not a bad deal.

9. bcg717

bcg717 LawnSite Member

There is no doubt that he paid close to $12k for a new 9gpm hydrotek with trailer, tanks , and reels on a dual axle trailer.

10. Mike B.

Mike B. LawnSite Member

For commercial flat work 9 gpm is great. But for residential work 9gpm is way over kill, if the house has well you may run into a supply problem. A 5.5 gpm machine is ideal for residential cleaning.
    If you pass on the 9 GPM machine I may be interested, let me know!