Opinions: Ferris is700 , Gravely Pro-turn 52, Bad Boy CZT Elite 54

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by treeguy27, Mar 20, 2013.

1. treeguy27

treeguy27 LawnSite Member

Looking at these three mowers. All are in the 6-7K price range. Dealers close by on all three. Although I'm not sold on the BadBoy dealer, as it is just a farm store. All three offer the same Kawasaki motor. Badboy and Ferris have the Hydro-gear ZT3400 transaxles, and the Gravely has the ZT3200. The ZT3200 must be new, I cant find any info on it at all. Hydro-gear only shows the 3100 and 3400 on their website.

Is the Ferris suspension a gimmicky thing, or is it a big positive? I've seen the BadBoy kind of discounted on here. Is it just not as popular, or have lesser reputation for a reason?

Anyone have any experience or opinions on these mowers or brands in general. I'd listen to reccomendations for other brands with similar specs in this price range as well. Thanks.

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I've talked to a couple people that say once you've tried the suspension ferris you won't want to go back. Apparently it's really good

3. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Ferris the suspension is nice and they cut good...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

It's true, Ferris has the mower to beat imo. Their ICD deck also imo is the deck to beat. Very comfortable, search for my Ferris threads. Plenty of good Ferris info.

5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

ferris without looking back.

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

We helped prototype the czt. It is an amazing machine this year. Check out the seperate reservoirs for hydros. Add the grammer seat to get the good ride like the ferris i charge $389 for the upgrade thats my cost.. it should be the smoothest driving out of the 3, new oil impregnated drive system is sweet!. Badboy isnt discounted just priced right to begin with its not about the profits to them its about the fun of it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sweetwaterlandscaping

sweetwaterlandscaping LawnSite Member

IMO the ferris is the way to go. Glad I bought mine.

8. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

It's always about profits.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Your smoking crack if you think a seat is going to make your ride as smooth as a ferris. 4 fixed wheels give one rough ride and 4 wheels on coil over shocks give you a ride like an atv, you don't feel a thing no matter how rough the lawn is.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

I used to mow with a 3100z and nothing in that price range compares with the ride. The suspension on the smaller ferris' is not the same however, so the upgraded seat on the bad boy might be comparable with the suspension of those mowers. Idk though.
    Posted via Mobile Device