Opinions: Ferris is700 , Gravely Pro-turn 52, Bad Boy CZT Elite 54

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by treeguy27, Mar 20, 2013.

1. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/zero-turn-mowers/m-zt-52/
    This is better and less money.:drinkup:

2. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

3. antv20

antv20 LawnSite Member

Have you had a demo on any of them? You mentioned the BadBoy dealer is a farm store, do they have a service department? Any of the 3 would probably be fine, just comes down to which one you like better and which dealer you like.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad you brought this up...when you drop below the 3100 series it's like moving from a commercial grade mower to a box store homeowner model, completely different mowers.

The added size of the 3100 and above models give benefit to the four wheel independent suspension. I've operated the 2000 against the 3100, and there is as much difference as night and day, the 2000 is like a toy in comparison.

5. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

The ferris he is talking about it built just as good or better than the mowers he is comparing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

I have the choice between Ferris, Bad Boy, Exmark, and Hustler from the same dealer. Ferris is my top chioce and then it would be Hustler and the last would be a Bad Boy.... I wanted to get a Bad Boy to save money but i demoed one and talked to another LCO that bought a new Bad Boy Outlaw Xp and he gave bad reviews on it besides the cut... He said the cut was smooth as carpet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. treeguy27

treeguy27 LawnSite Member

Haven't demo'd any of them yet. Supposed to get a foot of snow here tonight, so who knows when I'll get the chance. I'm leaning towards the Ferris right now, but the demo's will be the deciding factor.

8. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have been sending the new Ferris 600/700 series out the door like CRAZY!!!! With the new transmissions in them- they redesigned the rear end and the suspension works MUCH better than the older 1500 series. Don't get me wrong its not like the 2000 or 3100s BUT for the money difference between the 600/700 and the 2000s. My customers ride the 600/700s and then the 2000 and go back to the 600/700s for a $2000-3000 savings and still get a hell of a machine

9. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I will take a look at the 700.:drinkup:

10. wowwee

wowwee LawnSite Member

Do you know what exactly they changed about the IS700Z suspension that improved it?

Also does the Kawasaki engine in the 700 have the heavy duty air filter? Does not appear to in the pictures.

Thanks, Dale