Opinions from all angles..........

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by m&j lawncare, Nov 28, 2006.

1. m&j lawncare

m&j lawncare LawnSite Member

Howdy Fellows,
    Just looking for opinions, ideas or suggestions. I'm looking to get into the lawncare business this spring. I plan on keeping my current job too. I work shift work (14 days a month) and am looking to make extra cash. I just your average hard working guy (not the typical business man). I dont really need input on how to run a business, what I'm looking for is how to get clients and how to make the most money parttime. I've read this forum for about a year now but just joined today. Thanks for the input and suggestions.

2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

not to be short but as many have said in the past "ADVERTISE" flyers, post cards, truck signs,ect.... THIS IS THE ONLY WAY
    Good Luck

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

so your not a business man, but you are going to start a business..why... by the time you pay for insurance, license, pay your taxes, upgrade equipment, pay for advertising , you wont make much money...

and if your plans are to not be legal, you already know the opinios of those types of people to the menbers of this site....

do it right or dont do it..

make a business plan, reguster your business name with the state, get all needed licensing from state and local gov... get insurance, THEN you are ready to mow, not until you have all those things shoud you cut one blade of grass...