Opinions needed for Z-spray Jr.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Blink74, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

I would like to get some feed back on the Z-spary Jr. I know the Zs are great machines but I haven't heard much feed-back on the Jr. specifically. Most of my properties are 6-12k residential (few gates) and a handful of multi-acre properties. I think the Jr. would be my best bet because of the residential plus it fits into my budget better. However, I do like the intermediate because of the wider tires and extra capacity. I would imagine the boom sprayer offer better coverage but could get in the way on the smaller properties.

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have a Jr. & love it! I think it has plenty capacity for properties you're talking about. My average size is 18k, but do some large areas of 3-25A wth no problem. Booms don't get in the way like you think they would. It offers much better coverage than a Perma Green. Good luck.

3. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

Couple of questions:
    How wide is the spray pattern?
    How is it on hills?
    Any problems with traction on soft/wet lawns (sliding, ruts or getting stuck)
    Does it completely replace the skid sprayer and push spreader?
    Have you ever used the PG or other Zs? if so how does it compare?

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I can't speak to the Jr. but I do have an Intermediate and a Max. There is no problem with ruts or getting stuck with either of the larger unites. For steep hills only fill your hopper 1/2 full , use the extra bag carriers as balance and if you can walk it you can ride it. I haven't used my push spreader in 4 years since I got my first Z the Intermediate. At first I used my skid as a nurse tank but later bought a couple of nurse tanks and use the skid now only for Tree and Shrub apps. with the notable exception of an occasional insect or fungicide app where higher water volumes are required. As a side note the only repair to either machine after 4 years was to the foot switch for spot spraying and that was because I ran over a limb in the yard and broke it.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

What's the approx. price of a z-spray jr.?

6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Last time I checked, I think they were asking for roughly $7,000, to $8,000 depending on the options you wanted for them. It's been awhile though.

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks Victor. I'm getting another ride on this year. Just haven't decided on the PG or the Z-spray.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

FYI,

When at the OTF this winter I seen that the Z had gone up quite a bit (can't remember how much) and I know the PG went up like $300-400.

9. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

I think the Jr. is 7495 and the Intermediate is 8495. I'm trying to decide which is best for me. Price is not a factor. I just wanna be happy whit what I buy for several years. I'm still considering the PG as well, but I'm concerned about the life span of it.

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Blink,

I wouldn't be scared of the PG's life span.

It is stainless, simple, and easy to run.

I am sure you will be happy with whatever you get....but I would compare the intermediate Z with the PG.

Also keep in mind the width of the intermediate as you will not be able to get through very many gates.