1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Three Seasons, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Three Seasons

Three Seasons LawnSite Member

What can I do with a neighbor that now recently started to park his truck on the street in front of my place, when he knows that we park our mowing equipment there. he is doing this just to tick me off. I have asked him not to, he has 60' of his own curb to park on, but just refuses to move it. also when the mail comes so i don't get my mail, which means any checks coming in i don't get unless i go to the post office and get it. anybody ever run across a a$$ like that. can i get the cops to make him move it? your opinions are welcomed. With the busy season rite around the corner this is not good.
  2. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

hehehehe I have a good one for you. This fixed my neighbor although I do not park on the street myself. It does make it a hassel to pull out of my drive with a 4 dr crew cab long bed and a 16 foot trailer and a real nightmare to back it in. I simply mow my yard early in the mornig while the dew is still down. I would give it a good plaster job and by the time the sun would come up it would be glued nicely til he would wash it, then I would just do it again :) He finally parked else where ;)
  3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Throw an open bottle of skunk pee in his car on a nice hot day. Also rub some on his door handle. =). Even though he can throw the bottle away he will never get rid of the smell. (BTW this is the stuff hunters use.)
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

If hes truely out to be a PITA, I would get one of those $30 signs made up that states RESERVED PARKING FOR CC ALL OTHERS TOWED AWAY AT OWNERS EXPENSE. The tow his (_!_) -LOL.

Or you could try putting cones out there when you leave about 16' from the curb and put the yellow tape to 'em.

I would not recommend the splattering of grass because he can then sue you for any damages that may have already been there, but were "created" by the mowers.

Good Luck this season!
  5. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

All the suggestions are good, skunk maybe a little drastic though. Is this guy one of those “you got them their big mowers why can’t you cut my foot tall grass for free soo’s I ken fin my dwog” and you did not take to it and he is mad and he is going to “fix” you?

Splattering grass on his car or smacking him over the head with the working end of your weed-eater (man that sounds good Though) is going to get nothing but trouble as he will probably do something to your truck in return and not solve the problem. Some cities have ordinances about parking on the street and also “running a business” out of your house, check with your city anonymously over the phone to find out. People like this are a pain in the A$$ and just have nothing better to do with their life except make trouble for some one else.

Good luck to you what ever you choose.

Hope this helped?

Mo,mo,mo, yo self Quickly to de bank!
  6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

my newspaper man was doing the same thing, until i told him i was going to beat the living **** out of him, now he doesn't park there. but a no parking sign sounds good, talk to your council man about getting one where he parks.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

If he's blocking your mailbox then I would call the post office! He is interfering with delivery of your mail and there should be something you can do about that. That's why I hated living in a neighborhood.

You better check with the City to find out if indeed you need to rezone your home as commercial though. He might already know something you don't and by making waves about this you might wind up getting fined for running a biz out of your home. I would check first then splatter later!
  8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

A tire valve stem tool should do the trick.
    Remove the valve stem core, let all his air out and put the core back in.
    I would do this to the 2 tires that are facing your property.
    This way no damage is done other than his time.
    Then he might get the idea to park somewhere else.
  9. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

ROFLMAO- :)

Tampering with someone elses property can lead to felony prosecution if youre not careful.

Just make sure that you are prepared for whatever consequences come your way for vandalism, trespassing, breaking and entering, etc., etc., etc.

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

This thread brings back lots of bad memories.

In our town, the cops basically STINK!!

I am not a person to be pushed around, and where I used to live, one of our neighbors caused us so much grief. They would not let us park our truck ANYWHERE on the street. They literally would block us in. They have 7 or 8 vehicles, maybe more. They would take two of their vehicles and park one inches in front of our truck. The other inches in back of our truck. We were always penned in. Time after time, I would place the call to the cops and it wouldn't do much good.
    The endless battles were so tiring. I chased him down, followed him to work, made him late to work, went to council meetings, etc. It didn't do me any good except getting a few minutes of satisfaction when I was able to make his life miserable.[​IMG]

Nothing good comes out of fighting with a neighbor.

Unfortunately, the only advice I can give you is to try and see if you can lease that parking space in front of your house. If not, go the route looking into if it is legal for him to block your mailbox.

All I can say is good luck. I've been there.