Opinions of the 'Magic Hose'

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ExmarkBoy, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I always thought they were just some gag novelty idea and no one but the lady with 2 potted plants would buy. Will be getting one though since people seem to be using them.

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I thought this was a euphemism for something else.

3. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

People still buy the "stretchy" coil hoses. They can't handle the same volume because of the smaller diameter. I think the pocket hose doesn't give as much power because of the stretchy lining - but I only use them to soak plants quickly, and lugging a full hose around is too much work. I like them, though I must admit, although they are pretty tough, I don't like the plastic fittings.

4. ExmarkBoy

from Indiana

Somehow I don't think that comment was meant to be completely family friendly...:nono: just kidding (sorta):laugh::laugh:

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Reduced volume and flows are two reasons I wouldn't be interested. Unless they are not important to the user.

6. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

I saw that too. The diameter of the hose is too small. Its weird how you can tell the difference..well i can at least.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i haven't bought one yet because when i see them at the store they are only sold in 25ft or 50ft lengths.

i need one at least 100ft or i have no use for it. it looks like a good product. at least the DAP one does since it has brass fittings instead of cheap plastic. they don't make a 100ft hose. only up to 75ft and that one is almost $100 which is expensive.

it would seem a smaller diameter would mean higher water pressure coming out of the hose. at least that is what should happen.

8. ExmarkBoy

from Indiana

I actually join two of the 50' ones without a problem or a single leak. The plastic fittings haven't been a problem for me (at least yet), and I think the water pressure could probably support two more hoses.

9. ExmarkBoy

from Indiana

Besides, I just use it to soak new plants, which doesn't really require having a whole lot of volume or flow - but I haven't found there to be too much of a difference between the Magic Hose and a regular garden hose.

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I bet 50 percent of my customers have the green version. Amazing how many they are selling. On amazon the reviews for the DAP x hose is really bad. Most claimed failure after just a few uses, if even that. I personally see them as a gimmic and they most likely won't last longer than a season or so, where a real, quality garden hose will last decades. They are good for old people or special areas though light and takes up little space.
    Posted via Mobile Device