1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions of the Turfco Overseeder

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Aug 9, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Looking strongly of purchasing the Turfco sliceseeder with 10% off and free shipping. Anyone run this unit? Thoughts?
  2. MTC314

MTC314 LawnSite Member

I just ordered mine and it arrives tuesday. I will let you know how I like it later this week. I also got the XT5 aerator.
  3. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

I do not have the turfco but own a turf revitailzer by lawn solutions now made by exmark . After using a few other brands , I feel it is the most user friendly seeder the hydro drive is the difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at the BillyGoat OS Seeder. It's a hydro also....and its a great machine!
  5. chris7826

chris7826 LawnSite Member

I bought one last fall and the only problem I've had is with the seed gate. The hopper is poly and the gate is steel; if the gate is tightened too tight against the hopper it will catch and not open. I took my gate all the way off, filed the hopper and gate, and then put it back on. Works much better, but I still manually open and close the gate (not with the cable but manually at the gate) several times before using it and have had no issues. I've done over seedings and new lawn installs and the germination rate has been excellent. It's fairly simple to use, easy to manuever, and easy to adjust. For the price point I feel it's a great machine.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

OK I ordered the Turfco Overseeder and it arrived today. Thanks Chris for the input I will watch the seed gate to ensure works properly with seed in the hopper.

For the rest yes the hydro machines would be cadillac but I paid about $1850 with no shipping for this Turfco Unit. Double that and maybe you get the Exmark unit OTD. I think the Turfco will suffice nicely.
  7. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

If you guys have any questions you can give me a call
    520-836-8162 cell 402-432-2446
  8. chris7826

chris7826 LawnSite Member

No Problem!
    Thanks Bob