Opinions of these trucks.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Oakleaf landscape, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Well that took all the fun out of the debate. ;) :drinkup:

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Than why does Maine have an air brake section in the driving manual and a seperate test for air brake knowledge?

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Why don't you take the presented opportunity to prove him wrong if you don't think is right?

4. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Right or wrong against what? The only comment he made was about air brakes under 26k. No where in the manual does it specify needing an endorsement for air brakes under 26k, but it also doesn't state not needing an endorsement under 26k.

5. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Also testing is different from state to state. In Maine you can take your test with a one ton and 7 ton trailer and then drive a tractor trailer, while in NH if you did this you would be restricted from using a trailer with a kingpin.

6. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

This is a rather ironic post from you who claims to have an air brake endorsement when no such endorsement exists.

Now are you going to show your license like you offered? I'd settle for you telling what letter represents the "air brake endorsement" on your license.

7. Duffster

from Midwest

Tough to specify needing something that doesn't exist.

8. Duffster

from Midwest

You tell us?

Does it have a general knowledge section and test? How aboot cargo securement?:rolleyes:

Did you take an eye test?:rolleyes:

9. Duffster

from Midwest

Really? No license class? No endorsements at all?

I have an H & N. You don't have any?

10. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Cargo securement is section 3 in the manual and is covered under general knowledge. Section five contains air brake and is covered under a seperate test, of you failed the air brake section you are restricted for trucks/trailers using air brakes. Maybe the testing has changed since 04 when I took my test. On a side note, did your parents neglect you or something, or were you bullied in school?