OPINIONS on 99 Ram 3500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmastersLC, Oct 22, 2012.

1. grassmastersLC

grassmastersLC LawnSite Member

Looking at buying this truck to pull my 20' and other use. Its a 99 Ram 3500 24 valve cummins, laramie edition leather seats, automatic, new tires, real clean truck. The owner is asking $7250

3L13Je3Hc5Ld5G25Hdcag8f2b23a1a0fb174f.jpg

3G33J33Hf5L45Ga5Mccagd4f7fec3d2451809.jpg

2. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here they would be asking 15000 for that truck. I would buy it however plan on putting a tranny in at some point htose autos are weak. The truck looks rust free though thats a big plus!

3. grassmastersLC

He told me that he had the tranny rebuilt as well as replaced the water pump. I'm contacting the mechanic that has done all the work on the truck today.

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

BUY IT!!! BUY IT NOW. People around here ask 6k for that truck with a blown motor

5. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a good buy . How many miles ? Has the lift pump or injector pump been done yet ?

6. grassmastersLC

ok I think I'm going to.

7. grassmastersLC

240k, a little higher than I wanted but it sounds and runs strong, and not sure on the injection pump.

8. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Oh, and tell that boy to puts some pants on!!! :laugh::laugh:

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Check on the lift pump, Hope it has an aftermarket fass style system, the stock lift pumps are garbage. Also check on the injector pump, if it hasn't been replaced it will more then likely need to be pretty soon.

When you go to look at it cycle the key 3 times and it will read the codes stored in the ecu, The codes will come up on the odo screen. If it has any codes pertaining to the injection pump you should ask less money, Thats a couple thousand bucks to have that replaced.

10. grassmastersLC

Just talked to him and the injection pump was replaced last year and as far as I know it doesn't have an aftermarket fuel system.