OPINIONS on 99 Ram 3500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmastersLC, Oct 22, 2012.

1. grassmastersLC

grassmastersLC LawnSite Member

I'm planning on putting a raptor 100 on it when I get it and doing all the fluid changes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. grassmastersLC

Sorry it took so long to get some more pics up but I finally picked it up a couple weeks ago! Here are some pics of it after we got it cleaned up and then with the tow mirrors and the bed repainted.

image-1.jpeg

image-2.jpeg

image-3.jpeg

image-4.jpeg

image-5.jpeg

image-6.jpeg

image-7.jpeg

image-8.jpeg

3. grassmastersLC

And another of the truck outside

image-9.jpeg

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

You aren't kidding about the block I have one that's cracked bought it that way didn't even know. Bastards hid the crack with some epoxy and then painted it started smelling antifreeze 2 weeks latter. The block cracks on the passenger side where it starts angling back towards the center. Mine cracked 14 inches I still use the truck but you always need to keep an eye on the coolant. Tried stitch welding and it failed 2 years later and those stop leak products only last a few months then clog up other things. The blocks with the defect are Brazilian made the good ones are Mexican. The problem is for every 1 that was made in Mexico 8 were made in Brazil. The 99s are effected and I believe I read the defect went all the way to 2002

5. grassmastersLC

I had the block checked out and its good!

6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Good cause it kills the resale mine has half the miles you got and I will probably be letting her go for just 6500.

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Get the raptor 100 and the draw straw v

8. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

grassmaster where did you get your tow mirrors and if you dont mind how much did they run? I have been looking for ones similar to those but i cant find any at a reasonable price.

9. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

is the dog included?

10. grassmastersLC

I actually got them off ebay. Just make sure your get the support brackets with them otherwise you won't be able to see they will rattle so much. They are around $200 for the set and $15 for support brackets, or you can get some as a package with both mirrors and brackets. They look just like my oem mirrors on my 2500.