opinions on bigtex trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JAX LANDSCAPING, Mar 20, 2006.

1. JAX LANDSCAPING

JAX LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

hello guys,

just want to get some input on a bigtex trailer iam looking at buying a 14x 61/2 one of my friends told me about them and i went today and looked at them they seemed to be built realy well my cost of the trailer is $1400 with tax i live in western new york so the sales tax is 8.75%.tell me want you guys think about them.

Thanks Mike

2. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I only buy Loadtrail or Big Tex trailers. I sold my 2002 7x12 Landscape package for my Loadtrail. I wish i wouldnt have. They are a very solid, well built trailer. They have good paint jobs and some really nice options available. I would recommend Big Tex anyday.

BigTex.jpg

3. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

imo they are one of the best trailers made I cant say enough good things about them. trust your own eyes, you realize the difference!!! some trailers other companies are making are a joke compared to the quality of big tex.. one thing i would recommend is to go with a least a 16 footer with dual axles..

4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

we have 3 big tex's the will 2 years old this year 18-20 footers. only complaint was for some reason we kept going through tail light bulbs on all the trailers replaced them with all leds and now its fine. the trailer dealer says there was to much vibration on the lights and the filament in the bulbs were just breaking?

5. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

We bought a single axle 6x12 two years ago and last year a 80"x16'. They have both been great.

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I had one and loved it. Rugged trailers, you will be pleased.

7. JAX LANDSCAPING

JAX LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

hey guys,

thanks for the feed back on bigtex trailers i'm going to buy one next week .Good luck this season be safe and god bless.

Thanks mike

8. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

Mike - what dealer were you looking at the BigTex at?

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont know how far amherst is from me but the place i buy my trailers from is probably one of the biggest on the east coast. http://www.hechttrailers.com/

give them a call and get a price they are the cheapest i've found.

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I hope they are good. Im picking up a custom trailer from the factory this week. Im leaving wednesday night and should be back by the end of the weekend. Its going to be a long drive from Michigan to Texas and back.