Opinions on Business card

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Jan 27, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I made these with the only options vista print had (for the price) and I can get 1,000 for $20.00. Two things Im worried about is it doesnt look anything like the door hangers or logo that Im trying to portray, and it doesnt have any services listed other than "Landscape Management". I plan to use these as a source of advertisement rather than just a phone number reference. What do yall think? Should I pay the extra for the nice ones?

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah...I think you should pay a little more for something you feel comfortable handing out.....I have ordered cards from vista print in the past and they were o.k. at best....didn't feel comfortable handing those out because of the "cheap" feel and look.I just received my new cards from Office Depot 1000 for $23.00 and they have a ton of options & colors for you to choose from.....hope this helps:drinkup:
  3. stevenf

I would feel comfortable handing them out. Only thing is that my logo isnt on them and the colors are different from the door hangers and flyers I will be passing out. Do you think this really matters? Do you think I should upgrade based on what that card looks like?
  4. Type-XDesigns

Type-XDesigns LawnSite Member

I just got some the other day from vista print. I designed them myself and they turned out very nice, although the paper is a little light. Definatly pay to have a good card designed over using a template card.
  5. stevenf

Did you put your logo on them or did you make a new one using there designs?
  6. Type-XDesigns

Type-XDesigns LawnSite Member

No, I do graphic art for a living. I designed it and uploaded my own design. Had my own logo, text, background, picture, etc. I'll see if I can scan one tomorrow and post it up for ya.
  7. stevenf

Ok, Thanks, I would appriciate it.
  8. naturesway

naturesway LawnSite Member

Always remember that the first impression is the most important!

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can afford it ..do something no one else does ...be unique..We use a transparet blue card that gets rave reviews...just an idea
  10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I design my cards and upload the design to vistaprint. Much better that way.

You can also go to a local designer and sit down with them and get exactly what you want and it will look very professional.