Opinions on Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ff279, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ff279

ff279 LawnSite Member

2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

defintly has luxuries on it!
    Are you using this for work ? snowplowing?

3. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Back Rack always makes a truck look sharp and tough(functional too)

4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

:waving: sexy truck, my dad has almost the exact truck, except his is a crew cab LT package 1500hd.... i borrow his sometimes when i'm out cruisin the streets and i love it.... its a gotta lot of torque, have had it up to 115mph.... speedo says 120mph.... :angel:

i've also used it to tow my boat while out fishin w/my buds, great truck... plenty of power for both pulling and get up & go power :cool:

5. ff279

ff279 LawnSite Member

Hey guys thanks for the reviews, keep them comin...Yes i will be using it for plowing, yeah i know it can void the warrienty, also will be used for the lawn mowing side of the buss too...

Thanks,
    Ryan :waving:

6. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

If you are doing commerial plowing....You really need to be in a 2500, also what gears does that 1500 have, I would have atleast 3:73 if not 4:10's

7. A+ Lawncare

a 1500hd (heavy duty), is a dressed down 2500

8. ff279

ff279 LawnSite Member

Im not gonna be doing parking lots just mainly people on my street and then if things pick up I would purchase an older 2500...Im not sure what gears are in it i think 4:10

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Great looking truck thats for sure...I had a 99 Ext.cab and just traded it in today on a new truck.Mine was o.k. for plowing for a 1/2 ton but when you get in the wet heavy stuff a 3/4 or 1 ton is better.But it is a great looking truck that will probably do the job for you.

10. A+ Lawncare

if your only going to be plowing a few drives, and not for the county or be doing any high volume w/the plow, then a 1500 is great... its better mpg... but its wise to plan ahead....

but i think u got a good idea, if things do get going (which i hope they do for you) then just buy an bigger older model truck destinated for plowing....