Opinions on Cub Cadet Commercial series?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fullmetalbucket, May 13, 2008.

1. fullmetalbucket

fullmetalbucket LawnSite Member

Hey all, I've been talking to a local dealer about the Cub Cadet Tank model. Here's the link to the mower specs. http://http://www.mppcanada.com/mpp/cubcadet/product.asp?TypeID=34&ProductID=372&companyid=7 Anyone have any opinions on the make/motor/deck/ease of maintenance/things I should ask or try and have included in pricing, etc? I've read alot of helpful advice on here and a couple good things about the tank model. Any insight would be appreciated. Also looking at a walk behind... same deal with the thoughts and opinions here too!! Link -----> http://www.cubcadetcommercial.com/w...tId=163405&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=33804

2. fullmetalbucket

3. fullmetalbucket

Busy site!! BTT! Anyone? I got a price of $4400 on the 32" walk behind and $9950 on the tank....

4. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

The CCCs look pretty nice. Unfortunatly, there are no dealers in my area, so I don't have them as an option.

Yipee! Post #200:weightlifter::cool2:

5. Tim White

Tim White LawnSite Member

I have a 03 tank, 24hp honda,54in. only had 1 problem with it, I had to buy a new deck roller(grease fitting broke), other than that an awsome machine!! Oh by the way, my new 60in. tank should be here FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

6. Tim White

Tim White LawnSite Member

2008 tank 60in., 30hp. kohler, $7900+tax!!!

7. Evans Lawn Service

Evans Lawn Service LawnSite Member

i have a 07 60 tank and a 48 hydro walk. the 60 is a awsome ztr i love both they stripe the best i have seen (remember i live in TN.) it has the kohler 27 on it.try to get a extra set of high lift blades and if they come with standerd lift tell them to put on high lift and it is a deal.oh and this tank holds hills like a mountain goat. you will not go wrong with this tank

8. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

How is the discharge in moist/wet grass. Is there alot of lift? How far does this mower shoot out the grass? Does it chop the grass up alot or discharge long blades? My dealer lets me drive ithe mower around, but not engage the blades. I might as well go to the carousel at the mall.

9. tinkz71

tinkz71 LawnSite Member

I have a 06 lesco 60'' cut with 25 kawasaki. It stripes up very well the only thing to compare cut quality would be maybe a Exmark. I give $6500 for mine out the door. I believe pricing has went up a bit but there still the cheapest ztr out there for the money and the quality. By the way a lesco is same thing as a Cub Cadet.

10. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

have a 48 tank 19 kaw 750 hard hours never to the shop ..been good to me